Saturday, June 16, 2007

Oklahoma!

Last weekend I took Adelynn on her first big trip - we flew to Oklahoma to visit my sister! Lauren had her masters solo piano recital on Saturday night. She had about an hour of music and played really well, plus she looked super cute!

Me and my cute sis after the recital

Dr. Baxter - our piano professor at WOU - made the trip with us. Adelynn and I were glad to have someone to fly with!



On Sunday we just bummed around Norman, OK and Lauren showed me the campus and everything. It's so huge - not to mention the 80,000 seat football stadium! Everything is so flat in Oklahoma, I think the stadium counts as the tallest mountain!
And of course we did some shopping. My parents and some family friends flew down a few days before us, so they were already there, we had a fun time eating good food and finding good deals.

All of us at the Thai food restuarant, such good food! - Scott and Glennda Field, Mom, Dad, and Lauren





Adelynn having fun hangin with girls at Lauren's apartment. We finally caught her wide mouth grin!



On Sunday morning we crashed the free breakfast at mom and dad's hotel.


Adelynn loves walking around with Grandpa Cam, and vice versa.

Then we headed back home! We were glad to go back to cooler weather - it was so humid in Oklahoma, instant sweating the second you walk outside!
Adelynn did pretty well on the plane rides, we had 4 in all because there's no straight flights from PDX to OKC. Of course they were all packed full, and I had to stand up with her a couple times. But everyone thought she was so cute and didn't mind having to sit by a baby. It was a short trip, but lots of fun!
Waiting around in the airport

Last flight, yay!

6 comments:

lauren said...

I wish ya'll were still here! :)

kristy said...

Yay, congrats to Lauren!! Looks like you guys had a great time. Did you leave Carter at home? I'm excited to meet little Adelynn. She is soooo cute! I love the little babylegs, too.

Kari said...

That picture of Addie grinning is priceless! I haven't ever seen her smile like this. It sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad you were able to go visit your sister and see this big event. Oh, glad you're back too!

CarrieM said...

Hey, your sister looks so familiar to me. Should I know her?

Carrie

Molly said...

Yay for Lauren! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Jocelyn said...

Now, be honest. Did you have the song, "Oklahoma!" stuck in your head the entire trip? I would have. I love Addie's smile. I can't wait to see it sometime in person.