Thursday, August 9, 2007

semi-gourmet

I've been trying out a lot of new recipes lately, and it's been fun because they've all turned out well so far! Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals on the food channel is so great - although I want to watch it on mute most of the time because I can't stand the constant "yum-ohs" and "this is a real gut-buster!" Anyway, I'm calling this semi-gourmet because these meals look like a lot of time went into them, but I can really do them in 30 minutes, kids and all. Can you tell we like pita bread? I had to document my successes:
Greek Tortellini Salad - this recipe is actually from my grandma - thanks!

Steak-n-bake w/ blue cheese dressing

Get a load of this title: Spiced Lamb Chops on sauteed peppers and onions with garlic and mint couscous! I used chicken instead of lamb - still yummy, and those are the first cherry tomatoes from our yard! This one wasn't as big of a hit with Stu because he doesn't like couscous, but I could eat it everyday.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Yum. Can I eat at your place?

Kristy said...

YUM! can i come over to eat?!!! i LOVE couscous!