As my schedule is about to drastically change with classes starting this week, I wanted to write down what my favorite parts of the day have been with my kids over the summer.
3am - Not that I particularly like being up at this hour, but I do find joy in getting quiet, one-on-one time with Adelynn when she needs her midnight snack. She's amazingly smiley and giggly at this hour, and constantly rubs her hand over my cheek while sucking down her bottle.
7am - "Mommy, it's a sunny day!" are the first words I hear from Carter in the morning, usually followed by a knock on my door. That's his way of telling me he's ready for the day.
9am - My long, steamy showers when Addie is down for her morning nap, which I will surely miss now that I have to get ready a lot faster.
1pm - Naptime/Quiet Time! It's especially great when Addie decides to nap at the same time Carter is having quiet time!
3pm - Watching Carter play outside, and watching Addie's head go back and forth like there's a tennis match in front of her.
5-6pm - When Stu gets home and I get to hand off the kids! :)
6pm - Eating dinner together at the table as a family. It seems like we haven't been doing this at the actual table lately, but dinner time is fun. Carter usually comes up with his greatest antics at this time. It will still happen during school, but it's been nice when I have all day to plan dinner.
8pm - Both kids are in bed, and I get a few hours alone with my hubby.
10pm - Going to bed ourselves. Stuart and I always say we're lame for going to bed early, but there's no better feeling than laying down on the mattress and totally relaxing. I think that's my favorite place in the house.
Monday, September 24, 2007
and so it begins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This is very cool! I wish I had thought about doing something like this.
you're amazing for going to school with 2 little kiddos! I love that you wrote your summer schedule out. Btw, is that a picture of a PB clock? I have one just like it!
Post a Comment