Thursday, May 8, 2008

my favorite little girl

An ode to Adelynn



I love how much you enjoy non-stop splashing in the bath. I love that you still sometimes have that newborn cry right when you wake up. I love the dance you do when sitting on the floor. I'm glad that you are a daddy's girl! I love watching you try to figure things out, like your obsession of putting lids on cups, and that your head tilts to the side when you're really concentrating. I'm glad that you like to get your nose wiped and teeth brushed, and you think it's so funny! I love that you're a daredevil and have no fear, quite unlike your brother! I love that you take after me when I was your age, and are still pretty much a baldy. But I do love those few curls you have at the nape of your neck, and the frizzy old-man hair that's right above it! I like when you pat your little buddha belly when we get you undressed. I can tell you're a true girl because of how much you like to play with my jewelry and buttons! I love when you get the stares, and how long it usually lasts. I have to laugh at the fact that I find your bite marks on virtually everything in the house! Although this might not be so great in the future, I love how mischievous you are and that I'm still able to keep control over your troublemaking since you're not walking yet! I love that you wave everytime the door is opened, and you also use it to say "thank you!" I love that you love rough-housing with Carter! I absolutely love your new trick of nodding "yes" whenever we ask you a question, and that you look like a bobble-head doll when doing so! I'm amazed that you already know the difference between a question and statement too! I'm thankful that you sleep so well, and through the night a majority of the time! I like that your eyes are still an indeterminate color - sometimes they look green, sometimes brown, and sometimes grey. I think it's hilarious when you try to crawl when wearing a skirt or dress. You get up on your hands and feet and look like an awkward little bug going across the floor! I love when you make car noises, which you learned from you brother! And of course, I love that you are my little girl! I love you tons!!

3 comments:

Loughmiller's said...

She is so beautiful! My baby is bald too. I was also that way.

Kristy said...

what a doll!

Nate Judd said...

She is so pretty, she looks like a little gerber baby model.