december 2007
Our kids are so different from each other that I sometimes wonder how they both came from us. With Carter, I never had to baby-proof anything, and to this day he isn't one of those kids that gets into things without asking. I tell him stay out of something once, and I never worry about it again. Heck, until a few months ago, he would ask to get out of bed in the morning! Very different story with our Addie-girl! I was thinking about this the other day and came up with a whole list:
Things that Addie has done that Carter never did:
1. Unroll an entire roll of toilet paper
2. Pull everything out of my bathroom cupboard ~ this happens on a daily basis
3. Pull garbage out from under the sink
4. Eat dishwasher detergent, so that we had to call poison control
5. Learn how to open the DVD player and mess with all the discs
6. Keep pulling baby wipe after baby wipe out of the container until they're all gone, and then proceed to eat pieces of them
7. Throw things in the toilet
8. Dump out liquid bath soap, on the bathroom floor
9. Throw food on the floor at every meal ~ mind you, Carter did throw food on the floor when he was her age, but not so much, and not so often
10. Draw a pretty picture for me on the floor with her bottle full of milk
11. Wiggle her way out of the belt in the shopping cart
12. Throw jars of baby food out of the cart ~ glass jars full of mashed carrots that went all over the floor
13. Stick her finger in a light socket, luckily not far enough to do damage! (I don't think Carter even knew these existed until he learned how to plug in the xbox)
Carter may have been a hard baby, but he really is such a well-behaved little boy. And I'm grateful that Addie was an easy baby, but I know full well what's in store for me!



5 comments:
what a lil stinker!!! haha!
my carter is the same way....doesn't get into stuff (doesn't get out of his bed either!) and not until recently, when he has figured out that i cannot get to him fast while nursing K, only then will he try something! so i am a tad worried about lil miss K, what kind of stinker will she be!!!!
p.s.
ring vote: i take mine off at night but i also don't wear it in the shower or when i am cleaning!!
I know, I should have put up a few more voting options!
That is so funny to read because it souds just like my Kate and Savannah. I don't think i ever even used the straps in a shopping cart until I got Savannah and they still don't work, she finds her way out of everything. So funny, I love seeing how different each of their personalities are.
That is too cute, she sounds like she is giving you a run for your money, although I am jealous that my first isn't as well behaved as yours was :) Your kids are adorable.
~Trish (chapin)
Wow, it sounds like we have the same baby. Good luck, I think we need it!
Post a Comment