Wednesday, October 29, 2008

halloween

We had our first of 4 Halloween outings last Monday. It was the first time I put both costumes all together, and I love how they turned out! They were also the cheapest costumes of all the ones I've done so far, so I was extra happy! Most of Carter's was borrowed from my SIL, who made the boots, shirt, vest, and bandana thing - she's so good {thank you Cindy!}. I made Addie's vest, without a pattern, thank you very much! It has fringe and everything. I was feeling so good about my sewing skills after this, that I decided to bust out a pair of pants for Carter. Oh yeah, easy, I thought. Going from a vest to pants is a logical leap. Right. Well, I wish I had a picture, because I was cracking up when he tried them on. Picture hip-hugger, bell bottom, black polyester pants that only had enough room to move the legs about 3 inches! I told him to walk around and he couldn't even move. Needless to say, that vision went in the trash and cut-off goodwill pants stood in.


"Arrr!"

Isn't she the cutest cowgirl?!

9 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Stu,

Long time no see.
Your kids and wife are so cute.
Hope you are doing good.

(Amy says "you need to get on facebook dude.")
(Jaclyn says "do you have your homework done yet.")

Jaclyn & Amy

Anonymous said...

SOOOO cute

Katie said...

Love the costumes. They turned out great!

Jocelyn said...

Yes, Care, Addie is the cutest cowgirl I have ever seen!

Kari said...

I love that last picture! They are adorable. You're still on my list of 'amazing' since I don't even attempt anything on a sewing machine. Good job!

Kristy said...

so, so, soooooo cute!!!!!

lauren said...

You can tell in that last picture that Adelynn got a good laugh out of Carter's costume! Good job on the Halloween costumes Care!

Brittany said...

Wow I haven't read your blog in a while and this whole page of posts in new to me! So yes your mom does look like Palin and I love the costumes you made! Reading about who will wake up to get the kids makes me not at all excited to start having kids. And I love the orphan addie picture of when Stuart dressed her!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jaclyn and Amy. How are you two? Glad you stopped by the blog. You'll have to leave permissions so I can check out yours! Good to hear from you.

Stu