The tale of a beloved pair of jeans
1. Originally my sister's, but she split the butt (sorry L, back story necessary!)
2. Hello new pair of patched-up jeans to me, that fit like a glove!
3. Then I had to go get knocked up, have a baby, making said pair of jeans a little too tight
4. I still wore them
5. Until I split the butt again - at school, and nobody told me all day long until Stuart saw it when I got home - thanks a lot for that one guys!
6. They were put to rest under the bed
7. Fast forward to this week - I pulled them out again
8. Re-patched the split
9. Pulled them on, and turned around to make sure it was holding
10. Noticed I had split the butt yet again in the same spot on the other side.
11. Putting the jeans to rest for good :(
old split inside right pocket, new on the left
Update ~ my mom is mortified I used the phrase "knocked up"


10 comments:
So sad...my (and your) first pair of True's....wahh! I guess we aren't as skinny as we used to be...
Oh and let's just make it clear that Stuart was the one who got you pregnant, you didn't actually go OUT and get knocked up...
I think I remember those jeans. I feel for you on a good pair of jeans. They become almost sacred.
A good pair of jeans or pants is a very sad loss. I held on to a pair of khakis I loved for years in hopes that my post-baby hips would magically unspread, and I would be able to wear them again. They were the best pair of khakis. (sigh)
so tragically sad.....
i have two pairs of pre-babes-7's that i know i will never be able to wear again.....{wiping away a tear..}
oh man i feel you about the finding out at the end of the day you have a hole in your pants. i had that once when i was in HS.. and i found out as i was climbing over a fence when it ripped completely open.... and i was in mid climb... ya. not fun! haha.
oh that bitter saddness when you really have to let jeans go for good. 3 years later and i still remember my favorite pair that were laid to rest!
i loved the second comment, still laughing... love this post!
i had fun last night and seriously wanted to buy EVERYTHING. michael and i are still "discussing" what i can justify buying right now ;)
I will have to whole-heartedly disagree with your Mom...I LOVE that you used the term "knocked up"
Great story. And I love that no one told you about the split. I bet they thought it was just a fashion statement :). I still can't get rid of my favorite jeans even though they are over 8 years old. LOVE THEM...
I had a pair of khakis that I loved. I was wearing them on the way to the airport when I was newly pregnant and had morning sickness really bad (that is code for throwing up) Mike had to pull over while I discreetly changed in the car and we had nothing to wrap my dirty pants in so I had to throw them away at the gas station. As we drove away I started crying. Mike told me I didn't have to go on my trip if I really didn't feel good. That's not why I'm crying...I loved those pants!
Post a Comment