Wednesday, March 25, 2009

birthday madness

We've had parties galore at our house over the last week! With Stuart and Adelynn's birthdays in the same week, and a couple different parties, it's been a lot of fun. We had a little friends birthday party for Addie last Friday that turned out great! It was so much fun watching all those little girls play. And of course Addie scored a whole bunch of girly presents too! Besides a few baby-dolls, she doesn't have many girly toys yet, so it's fun to start stocking up on them now.
We had a sunflower theme for this party, so I thought I'd share a few things we did. Not because I think I'm so great at planning parties, but because I get most of my ideas online. From people posting just like this about the creative things they come up with, so I'm continuing the flow of ideas!
I made these little sunflower bean bags for each girl to take home - we threw them into a decorated box at the party.


We also planted sunflower seeds, made bracelets out of chenille stems and bells, colored pictures of sunflowers, and painted flowers on their cheeks.



The whole theme stemmed from this cake. My grandma, knowing I like peeps, had cut out this idea from magazine and gave it to me awhile back. I've been saving it until now. I love how it turned out!



Here's all the cute friends that joined us! And that's Addie waiting at the window for all her friends to arrive - she was running around all morning yelling "friends!" and "happy birthday!" in 2-yr-old dialect. {notice too, her matching sunflower barrette, I just can't help myself to girly things!}


7 comments:

Molly said...

How cute!! Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the sunflower theme. :)

Kari said...

LOVE the cake. Sunflowers is such a fun idea!

5Youngers said...

THAT cake is so CUTE! Love it and the bean bags.. you are very creative.. looks like a fun party!

Kristy said...

How fun!!! Cute theme too! I am not a fan of peeps but that cake is too cute!!!!
I can't wait to throw parties like this for Kennedy!!!! =)

Holbrook's said...

You are officially a member of the "Mommy of the Year" club!! Seriously could you be any more creative?? I love it all! I don't like peeps but they definitly make a fabulous looking sunflower cake!!

Loughmiller's said...

you have such cute ideas. I love it!

Mandee said...

Dang it! Dang it! Dang it!!! I totally forgot!!! I have been SO absent minded lately :( Emmy would have had a blast.... oh, I'm so mad at myself right now.

You did such a great job too...UGH!