The last couple weeks we've been busy with house, craft, and outside projects. Stuart built some shelves in the garage, and I'm so glad about how much space it created in there! He also built a play structure for the kids! We brought the slide from the last house, but haven't done anything with it here yet. And seeing that spring/summer is right around the corner (with LOTS of outside time for the kids), he got going on putting it up. It is so great, I love how it turned out! And the kids have been on it a ton already, even in the rain. Addie still needs a little help getting up the ladder, but she'll grow into it pretty quickly. They also *helped* with the building process.
In this top picture, you can also see the bamboo we planted between the white fence and our retaining wall. It's so tall, and I love the noise it makes in the wind.
We put their sandbox under the fort, and they're loving the fact it's empty right now. We're still going to add a few things, like pickets around the railing, and I'll make a canvas door for one side underneath.
While they were out building, I was inside doing some sewing. I made Carter's Easter tie. I happened to have some extra fabric that matched Addie's dress, and seeing that it was impossible to find a decent tie in his size, I decided to make one! Here's our family all dressed up for Easter Sunday.
I also finished a gift for one of my best friends, who's having her second girl next month. I call these "little bundles," and have been making quite a few lately - tons of people I know are pregnant! It includes: a bib, 2 burp clothes, and 2 squishy blocks with a bell inside. I forgot to take a picture of it, so this was taken with my phone in the car on the way down to her shower. I think this has been one of my favorites so far.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
projects galore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
SUPER CUTE!
you are so talented!
You're so Martha Stewart, I love your creations! The play structure is beautiful too.
I LOVED your gift! It seriously is so cute.
Oooo, I want to come over soon!
Post a Comment