On Saturday, Addie looked like this, and today like this:

On Sunday, she tripped going up some stairs (a wooden staircase) and fell right on her mouth. Happy Mother's Day huh?
Right front - fractured on root tip
Left front - intusion, which means it jammed back up into her gums. We thought it had broken off because there's a hole. You can kinda see the hole in the second picture.
We took her to a pediatric dentist this morning, and he said it's just a waiting game at this point. Hopefully the one will grow back in eventually, and the other one won't get loose and fall out. Her face is SO swollen, and the dentist said it would get 2 or 3 times bigger over the next few days! We can already see signs of bruising, and the whole left side of her face swelling up. You can't tell from the the pictures just how swollen she already is.
She's on a soft foods diet until her gums heal over. She is such a trooper though. I can't believe how good she has been through all this. She only cried until all the bleeding stopped, was pleasant at the hospital, and endured the dentist without even wimpering. And she's acted like her normal self today. Thankfully, she's a tough little girl!
Monday, May 11, 2009
little miss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
UGH! That sucks! I'm so sorry. In some ways, it's so fortunate that you had the pictures the day before. I hope she heals quickly!
Alivia fell on her front two teeth around the same age as Addie. She didn't loose either of them but was swollen and bruised. Both of them turned grey and stayed that way until her adult teeth grew in. Her Big teeth are perfect. I totally freaked out about her having those grey teeth but it retrospective it was a short time and I guess the important thing is that her Big teeth are fine.
So sorry you have to go through that. The pics from Saturday's shoot are amazing. I especially love Addie's black and white one. I hope Addie feels better soon.
What a bummer! I hope she heals up fast.
The poor girl (and mommy)! She is quite a little trooper.
The photos you had taken on Saturday are lovely though.
Poor Addie! That was awful!
A sick little boy and then Addies big accident? I think you seriously need a Mother's Day do-over!
I'm glad she's being a trooper for you. No one could blame her if she wasn't. Poor girl.
Oh my gosh! Quite the ordeal, she sounds like a good little trooper though!
I am so sorry. That poor little sweet girl. I hope that ice cream is part of her soft food diet.
Post a Comment