We went down to the local farmer's market for the first time last Saturday. I think I've mentioned this before, but I just love the feel of markets - the smell of yummy greasy food, beautiful flowers, cute clothes/jewels, and a friendly atmosphere. I always manage to pick up a small bouquet of flowers, and dashed toward these gorgeous peonies. The lady in the booth pronounced them "pe-OH-nies," which made me chuckle a little. I can't get across via typing just how emphasized her "OH" was!
We also found a water fountain behind the booths that the kids had fun playing in. We actually went home to get swimsuits and came back to play. I think this will become a new summer tradition - shopping and sprinklers, how much more fun could it get?!



Thursday, June 4, 2009
hillsboro farmer's market
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sounds like fun...I love shopping for flowers at the farmer's market. Love those peonies.
Addie's the biggest ham I've ever seen..her pose in the last picture is priceless!
Post a Comment