Day 3: Santa Monica, no sun at the beach :( Tea Leoni, vanilla cokes & yummy burgers at Johnny Rockets, taking a nap, seeing Lauren's show in which she is the musical director.
Yep, that's right, I saw Tea Leoni in Santa Monica. And had my picture taken with her! And yes I know, no need to let me in on the fact that I look like a total dork in the picture - I was both nervous and excited to ask if she'd pose with me. You can ask me the story if you want to know details.

On the Santa Monica boardwalk

Day 4: Tired feet for both of us, Hollywood, huge beautiful houses, kodak and chinese theaters, bbq chicken and thin crust pepperoni at California Pizza Kitchen, the walk of fame, scoring some cheap fabric to make scarves, almost missing the bus, the best frozen yogurt after L's show.

I'm totally into the scarf craze now. I was a little before my trip, but I bought 2 more while there and we bought a ton of material to make some more. We both actually bought some super long, thin jersey scarves and decided we could make them ourselves - no sewing involved! We went back down to the fashion district to scope out the fabric stores and went into one where everything was $1/yd - my bag was stuffed on the way home! Then we realized the buses were ending for the night, and we had to walk quite a ways to catch a different line.Below is a picture of these gorgeous trees I saw all over the place. The color is so vibrant, the picture doesn't do them justice, but they totally stand out against the buildings.

Day 5 (last one): In-N-Out, Amoeba music, gossiping with some of the cast backstage before the show, cleaning up L's loft, packing, a teeny bit of sun - all that I saw my whole time down there, I was really hoping for a tan, hot tub on the roof, crazy Lakers fans.
I told you she had a good view of downtown, now see for yourself - day and night shots, and hollywood sign.



Apparently, the Lakers won the NBA championship this night. They weren't even in LA, but everyone was going nuts! L's loft is only 10 blocks from the Staples Center, so she's literally downtown. For 4-5 hours, there was constant honking/screaming/yelling/weird behavior going on in celebration of their win. Later we heard that riots had to be broken up, people were throwing fireworks into groups of people, throwing dumpsters onto the train tracks, etc. Good thing the Lakers didn't lose huh?!
I already want to go back and see the things that we didn't get to!


6 comments:
Awesome that you got to enjoy LA!
Dame and I spent our first honeymoon (aka the weekend of our wedding, since we both had so much going at work that we had to postpone our Oahu trip for a month later) at The Shutters right next to the SM pier and ate our first "married couple" dinner at 1 Pico.
I absolutely LOVE The Getty and The Huntington Library, which I'm not sure if you guys ventured out to any of the museums, but next time you go you have got to go to The Getty. Parking is $5 and the museum admission is FREE!
I'm heading back home in July, so I'm stoked to go spend time with fam and friends in So. OC. I might just plan a jaunt back up to LA, since seeing your pics makes me want to take a drive back up the 1 from Marina Del Rey to Malibu—such a fun drive!!
oh man, i don't ever do the touristy things when i head back to my home... i just visit with family. but i think maybe i'll have to make some of these trips when i'm down there in august. your pictures are so great! glad you had a good time!
How fun! I love LA trips!
One of these days I'd love to visit LA. I've been an Oregon girl most of my life yet I have never been to Cali. How crazy is that?
That's so cool that you met Tea Leoni!
The purple trees are jacarandas. They are beautiful!
Post a Comment