Tuesday, July 14, 2009

thanks little man

Stuart and I have had this running joke, always comparing his handiwork to my dad's, and my cooking to his mom's. If Stuart needs to fix something in the house, I always tell him "why don't you call my dad, he'll know how to do it." He IS the ultimate handy-man that has always been able to fix anything under the sun after all! And if I cook something new that I'm really excited for him to try, I usually hear, "oh yeah, my mom used to make these all the time." Apparently she's made everything under the sun, and lots of it.

So we made blueberry muffins last night, and I gave them to the kids for breakfast this morning. Here's the convo at the table.
Me: Why aren't you eating your muffin, bud?
Carter: Cuz I don't want to.
Me: Well why not?
Carter: I don't like it
Me: Oh yeah right, why don't you think you like it?
Carter: Because they're not as good as Grandma Matthews

Apparently, Stu is passing down the trait to the next generation of Matthews boys.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Rhodes Trip said...

I take it he's never REALLY eaten Grandma Matthews' blueberry muffins?

Carter is a SHARP one, cause now he can pull that card out and try to get out of eating whatever he doesn't personally fancy!!

Kari said...

UGh! That would kill me! Probably cause I'm such a 'great' cook and all. Too funny that it's being passed down. Our little mimic-ers.

gramma matthews said...

I'm sorry Carolyn. I think you are a wonderful cook!

Jocelyn said...

You and Stu have some of the funniest little jokes between each other. I still love how you tell each other, "Why don't you try the bread?"

Just tell Carter that someday he'll be telling someone that their cooking isn't as good as yours :)

Emily said...

What a cute and funny kid.

ashley said...

We just had blueberry muffins for lunch today! I'm sure yours were yummy!