Monday, August 10, 2009

matchy matchy

I did it again...making Adelynn and I matching outfits. When she's older she'll probably hate that I did this, but hey, she doesn't know any better right now!


Don't be fooled by this angelic look, it's all an act

by the way, these were made out of thrifted vintage sheets - $2 on clearance, double score!

12 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I love it! Those are so pretty! Where do you find vintage sheets?

kristy said...

cutest thing EVER. you should start a business.

Carolyn said...

Joce - I got these at goodwill!

Holbrook's said...

you kill me....seriously though you could so totally sell your stuff to boutiques for a ton of money!

Kari said...

It's not that matchy-matchy (in that you shouldn't be embarrassed!). If your outfits were exactly the same, then I'd worry! I think they're great!

lauren said...

Haha, Adelynn's pose...love it! You look gorgeous!

Bekah: said...

Can I pay you or trade you some photo sessions to make some skirts for all of us? Seriously? PLEASE. I love them! I loved your skirt so much on Sunday, you looked so cute. Your piano number was amazing. You are so talented. One of the most talented people I know.

Emily said...

Yes, I agree with everything Bekah said! You are so talented Carolyn. I think the matching outfits is so cute. Sewing is a bit of a lost art, especially in my family. My Grandma and Mom sewed out of necessity, but I never learned how. I would love to set up a time for some basic lessons if you were up for that, just let me know what you charge per hour!

Katie said...

I love the outfits...and what a great idea to use vintage sheets!

Kristy said...

CUTE!!!!!!! what a great idea using sheets!

sarah said...

so cute!!! :) we looked for some sheets at goodwill the other day but didn't find anything great.

Rachel D said...

Love that fabric! If I had a daughter I'd dress us alike also. :) Instead I just make my boys match each other. I agree with the ladies above - you are truly talented. We all want to take a "skirt-from-a-sheet sewing class" from you.