Thursday, September 10, 2009

a man date


These lovely pickles {some of which are from our very own garden} are the product of Stuart's man date that he went on a couple weeks ago. He's become friends with this guy he works with {who's a welder by the way}, and they both discovered that their wives would be busy on the same night, so decided to get together with kids in tow...and make pickles. I thought it was a crack-up. He made us 6 jars of yummy, fresh pickles. So much better than store bought!
And just so you know, Stuart is the one that first called it a "man date."

3 comments:

lauren said...

Ah Stuart is so great, that's so like him to do something like that! Adam's been surprising me with caramel popcorn, so good!

Erin said...

haha! I love Stuart's self named 'man-date'. Those home made pickles have my mouth watering. They're dill right?

Vinyl Masterpiece said...

My husband calls it guys night out. He wishes more guys would do it. I would never think of men getting together to make pickles. I think that is awesome. They look yummy!