I had a lovely Mother's Day this year. My kids weren't even here with me. You're probably thinking, oh nice, your kids who are the very reason you get to celebrate mother's day in the first place, weren't even with you?! Yep, that's right...and it was nice. so there. My mom is going out of town next week (helping out my sister with her first baby!), so they wanted to have a grandkids sleepover, and offered to take them Saturday night. Stuart and I spent a leisurely day at home, then went to see Iron Man 2, which we both liked, and also picked up a box of Sees candy for me. I had a nice morning of sleeping in, getting ready and going to church. Then I made dinner at my parents and we picked up the kids. Upon entering the house, the kids both ran up to me screaming "happy mother's day!" and showered me with all the gifts they had made, displayed in our window now. That was my favorite part of the day. I'm glad I have those two little runts to call mine.
Monday, May 10, 2010
mother's day wrap up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
What a great Mother's Day and what fab gifts!
Post a Comment