Monday, June 21, 2010

prayers for Lauren


As some of you may know, my sister, Lauren, just had a beautiful baby girl and brought her home last Thursday. A few days later, Lauren wasn't feeling great and was admitted back into the hospital. Her blood pressure was spiking and she had terrible heacdaches. She couldn't even lie down or else her blood pressure would go through the roof. The doctors ran a series of tests, and determined that it was late stage pre-eclampsia. Late last night, she was taken off the medications to see if her body would return to normal on its own. And then they discovered a brain aneurysm. She is now in the ICU, waiting for the next move. My dad talked to her this morning and said her speech was slurred, and part of her face is paralyzed. Luckily, my mom was already down there to help with the baby, and Lauren's husband has been by her side at the hospital. I am so scared for her right now, and I can just imagine the fear that she is feeling as well. Please, if you can, send a few prayers her way so that she may be able to go home and take care of her baby Julia.

23 comments:

Bekah: said...

{tears} this hit all too close to home for me. How sad, I am so sorry to hear this. Your poor sister. She will be in my thoughts and prayers! Please keep me updated. Hang in there. It is so hard to wait and feel helpless! Thinking of you Care.

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness how scary. Lauren and her little family will for sure be in our prayers.

Jocelyn said...

I'm so sorry, Care. We'll be praying for her and you.

Katie said...

I am so sorry. Lauren will be in our prayers. The same thing happened to Dallin's mom. Let me know if there is anything I can do. We would love to have your kids over if needed.

The Karlinsey Family said...

oh no! how scary I will for sure add her to my prayers. keep us updated.

MMW said...

Dear dear Care, I don't even know Lauren and this made me cry. Prayers for her AND for all other family members involved. xoxo. Happy to help.

Rachel D said...

I'm so sorry. We'll be praying for you all.

Kristy said...

Oh Carolyn. This is such awful. My heart sank as I read this. We will be lifting her & your family up in our prayers & that God will wrap you all in his arms of peace & strength to get through this & to heal Lauren.

The Wright Family Est. 2006 said...

Oh Carolyn, that is so hard to hear. After I had Nixin I developed HELLP and was in the hospital for almost a week. I'll keep your sister in my prayers as well as her sweet little baby and the entire family. Keep us up-dated, and hang in there.

5Youngers said...

Care, I have never met your sister and my heart twisted in knots as I read this. I am so sorry for you and your family. I will keep Lauren in my prayers. May God watch over her and her sweet little baby. God bless you and your family.

Heidi and Ben Daniel said...

Lauren and your family are in our prayers.

Trish and Kaleb said...

I love her so much. She will definitely be in my prayers.

Kevin Elmore said...

Prayers and hopes for Lauren. :_( Please all that is love: Help Lauren out! Thanks!

Kevin and Jai (Jude)

kathryn said...

oh no, how scary... i hope she is able to get well soon and get home to her sweet baby and husband- my thoughts and prayers will be with your family & hers.

Lana Galbraith said...

Dear Carolyn, I already have - and I will. Love, Auntie Lana

Em and Cam said...

I am so sorry about Lauren! Jessica called me this morning to let me know and I've been praying for Lauren since! My thoughts are with your family and my love goes out to Lauren, her husband, and new baby.

purplebleeder said...

Care - we will definitely keep Lauren in our prayers - and your entire family. Rebekah and Kimo.

Michael said...

Oh, Carolyn, what an awful thing to happen. I will be thinking good thoughts for Lauren and your family.

Loughmiller's said...

Oh, that is so scary. I went through this with my dad when I was in high school. He had the same thing and he was paralyzed in his face and his speech was slurred and it was so scary. He also had the brain aneurysm. He pulled through it and he got his speech back and his face went back to normal. It took a few months but everything was ok. I will pray for her.

Jess said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with Lauren and the rest of your family. Please let us know what else we can do!

Rebecca said...

Sending prayers for your sister and for your family.

Katie said...

Wow...this brought tears to my eyes. Your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ryan and Renee said...

Oh my heck. I can't beleive it! My thoughts will be with her and you.
Renee