Wednesday, September 29, 2010

gillette - the best a man can get

Stuart's planning a trip to Gillette, WY this weekend. Care to take a guess why? He has a job interview. We've been lucky enough to have some temporary work over the last few months, while Stu's been massively applying for jobs with BNSF railroad. The only problem is, the jobs are all over the country, mostly in towns that are this small. So he finally got an interview in a couple WY towns. I've been researching Gillette, and here's what google tells me about the quant little town.

Looks like there's a lot of rally events, and plenty of antelope to go around.

It looks like a flat, stormy place. But don't worry, there is nice weather and one tall rock. Plus they're patriotic in Gillette.
And maybe this dashing realtor can help us find a house.
It's coal mining country too.While digging about, they come across quite a few good finds, and showcase them here. A free museum, what more could you ask for?

So while we're still hoping for one of the local jobs to come through because we really don't want to move, our house is officially on the market and Gillette just might be where we're heading next.

11 comments:

Bekah: said...

May the dashing realtor make all your dreams come true...

This news makes me so sad for you. But I know you will make the most of any adventure and your sweet, cute family will bring lots of happiness wherever you go. Good luck!!!

Any jobs of interest in Mesa, Az??! Just sayin' we'd love to be neighbors.

Susan Scott said...

I saw "CLose Encounters of the Third Kind" for the first time last weekend...and that rock (in your photo) figures heavily into the story. It's where the aliens land! So, there is something else interesting about Gillete!

Alisha said...

Justin grew up in WY, you know. He stuck out there, not wearing wranglers or loving country music and all. Also, I hope for your sake you are republican.

PDXTingeys said...

We are so sad to hear you might be moving, we'll miss you so much. Good Luck with the job interview this weekend and we can't wait to hear all about it.

Verenice said...

Oh WOW Care, I had no idea you guys might be moving. Keep us posted and good luck go Stuart during his interview.

Kari said...

AH! That is just too real for me. I'll be praying that one of the local jobs comes through too. Ok, I'll really pray that the right thing happens. I'll just be super sad. :(

Katie said...

You guys should move to Idaho....we could use a really good neighbor! Good luck to both of you with all the big changes that will be happening!

Vinyl Masterpiece said...

My brother served there, so if you want to know more of the town, you can call him. Email me if you want his number. He loved it there. If I remember right, he begged to go there because some country singer lives there and lets the LDS missionaries in. My brother in law also lives in WY and going for the same job. I hope you all get it.

Holbrook's said...

It is only about as polar opposite as you could get from OR. I spent some time there with a certain boy in high school...ahem. There is a pretty fun lake not too far away for some good camping. Wind and ice in the winter scary enough to blow you off the road...literally. Good luck!!

kathryn said...

you know, i really liked living in wyoming. it's beautiful country, even if it does weigh a little heavy on the redneck side of the spectrum... if you guys do move there i hope you post pictures of stu in some really tight wranglers and a ten gallon hat and a bolo tie. when in rome.

Ryan and Renee said...

I have always wanted to see devil's mountain, maybe we could visit you guys. That would be fun!