Saturday, September 18, 2010

summer vacation

The last hurrah of summer for us was a trip to Great Wolf Lodge. We spent a few nights there, and had some fun-packed days. The kids loved the nightly bedtime stories/shows, using their magic wands, sleeping together on a big bed, and especially the wave pool. I'm so glad they had plenty of things for Addie to do on her own. She was too short for the big slides with the tubes, and even being the smallest kid I saw on her own, went down the others over and over again. The lifeguards were always amazed that she was doing it by herself.

Heading into the water park on the last day.
The beloved wave pool. With their life jackets on, we were able to let them just float around in the waves on their own. Addie's face was in the water practically the entire time (purposefully), and Carter liked to run and body slam right into the big ones.

Addie and I had girl time for a few hours one night so the boys could do the big slides when the strobe lights were on. We got some ice cream, did plenty of laughing, and bought Addie her first chapstick. She hasn't put that thing down since, and likes to coat it on every few minutes just in case a little wore off.

1 comments:

lauren said...

I'm so glad you guys got to do this, I bet the kids had an awesome time! Miss you!