I know you devout followers of my blog (i.e. grandparents) are cursing me under your breath because there have not been any baby pictures on here yet. Well here we go - prepare to curse at yourself for cursing me, because these are cutest baby pictures around. I'm sure of it. (and for all you moms, if you want to know the shortened version of the delivery, read on after the photos. you know you want to.)
Firsts in the Hospital
Stats: Brad Evan 7lbs 9oz, 19.5 inches, born at 10:49pm on January 13th








January 13th - my actual due date! - sequence of events:
Some short, small contractions with a minor pain level throughout the day, every hour or so. No big deal
9:00pm - first big contraction that lasted 1 full minute
9:15 - another one
9:30 - same as above. These hurt pretty badly, but I didn't think the hospital would admit me with them being 15 minutes apart
9:40 - another contraction with a high pain level, and back pain. I tell mom it's time to go, I don't care how far apart they are.
about 10-20 minutes later - cousin comes over to watch the kids, Dad is on his way over to the house. We arrive at the hospital, after surviving a contraction that pretty much never stopped the whole way. I couldn't even walk when I got out of the car.
I think I'm a little off on the times, but check-in time to the baby being born = 19 minutes. Yeah, it was fast. Only 5-6 pushes and he came right out. My doctor couldn't even get there, and I couldn't get an epidural. I think I realized this only after undressing, and having my first check where the nurse said I was already at 10cm. Luckily the last part of the labor was short, or I don't think I would have survived.
Oh, and the doctor that did deliver played clarinet in the pit orchestra with me last year. "Oh, great to see you, let's have a look down under." Nice...
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
baby brad + the nitty gritty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
He is so cute! Awwww :) That is fast! Sounds a lot like my labor with Bryce. 3rd kids are the best. He was my easiest baby by far too, so hopefully it is a pattern :)
I hope life with a newborn is treating you well!
Oh my gosh, crazy birth story!! That was super fast. Guess you should have gone to the hospital right at 9. Next time right? Your kids are adorable! By the way, that is one crazy beard on Stuart :)
Congrats!!! He is a cutie!
Awesome story! Love that you knew the doc! And Stu, I'm loving the Wyoming Man beard, winters there are brutal, so I get that you need the extra warmth...
Congrats! He's adorable. I'm glad it went so smoothly (and quickly!).
Adorable! Even as a newborn you can see how good lookin' he is. :)
You may tell me I'm crazy for thinking this since you're the one with experience, but I'm actually crossing my fingers for a fast-ish, unmedicated delivery this time around. I've had one induction and one natural labor with a nightmare epidural experience, which was inserted at 8 cm. So I figure I'll try to forego this time, but then fast sounds good so it's all over with.
Did you make Brad's booties? They look cozy and adorable.
Awww he's sooo cute with such a dignified name! The delivery sounds nice and quick. I hope you're getting (some) rest.
Love him!! He looks so much like Stuart!! And that last line made me laugh out loud!! Nice...
Congrats Momma of 3 you are amazing!!
no criticism!!! you just had a baby for crying out loud. We are excited to see the pictures of wonderful grandchildren!
Good Job! The worst thing is that he looks like Stuart but I'm sure he will grow out of it.- (sorry)
Aaa! You're amazing, 19 minutes!?! Wow. He really wanted out and out now :) Brad is such a cutie pie!! Can't wait to meet him.
Congrats to all of you! He is adorable. Carter and Addie look like they are already pro baby holders. :)
Post a Comment