Thursday, July 19, 2007

before & after #1

I'm going to be posting some installments of our house projects...and here's the first!

Our front door



Stuart has been working SO hard since the nice weather has begun, especially the last couple weeks. He comes home from work and then works a couple hours in our backyard. And it really shows! Our backyard has come a long way in just the last month. First he built a fence on the only side of the house that was missing one. This was the view from our sliding door out the kitchen:


And here's the view right after the fence and laying of the patio...no more having the neighbors being able to look right into the house!


And here it is with my cute patio furniture!




Here's the side yard before and after, from opposite directions though. I love the new walkway. Stuart was a stickler on making it perfect, and it's just that - perfectly level and solid the whole way down!



And finally, the backyard. This is just the upper section, but that's the part that you first see when walking into the back. Carter could play in his little area all day long, especially since it's right next to Howie's kennel, which I didn't photograph because it's not so pretty! But Carter loves to tease Howie through the fence. In the middle section, I'll be filling it up with plants and groundcovers. But right now I'm just happy with the plain dirt, it's a ton better than the weed forest that used to reside there! Hope this wasn't too long and boring for you, but I have to show off my hubby's hard and talented work!




4 comments:

Kari said...

Holy Cow, Stuart is a hard worker. It looks great, seriously! Great idea to document all your changes.

kathryn said...

and i bet carolyn LOVES how rippley stuart's muscles are after hauling all those big bricks. ask him to pose for you in grandpa mills' old orange swimsuit. i'm sure he still has it stashed away somewhere...humina humina (after the initial gag reflex, that is).

kristy said...

good job you guys! everything looks so good!

ashley said...

I love your front door! Your yard looks beautiful and your veggies look delicious. I didn't get any veggies planted this year, but at least we have strawberries and raspberries in our yard. There is something about picking your own food that is very satisfying and brings a wonder to eating. I guess like you say, it brings out the kid in us. :) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!