Monday, August 27, 2007

fun finds ~ august edition

I've decided that I'm going to do this every month, at least if I can keep it up! I like shopping and finding fun things online, as well as in actual stores, so I thought I would share some of the good deals, good eats, websites, and cute things I find. A lot have to do with kids, since that's what I seem to shop for most of the time, but there's some fun stuff for us too! I often find interesting things by hearing about it through one of my many stylish friends, so I'll give credit where it's deserved if I can remember! Anyway, here's my first list:

1. Pomegranate Ice Cream Bars


Pomegranates are good for you, dark chocolate is good for you, put them together and it's a double-healthy treat, right? I found these at Costco, and they are soooooo good, and only about $10 for a dozen! I've also seen that Haggan Daaz makes the same combo, and I'm sure they're just as good, but probably more expensive.


2. Lorina's Sparkling Lemonade
This is actually something I have rediscovered lately. You can get these at Target. I've only tried the sparkling pink lemonade, but the other flavors look great too. And I love the bottle it comes in, something a little fancier than a pitcher for when you have guests over. It always seems to me like alcoholic drinks come in the nicer looking bottles, but these prove me wrong!

3. The Pursuit of Happyness

I love movies based on true-life stories, and this is a good one! If you haven't already seen it, rent it tonight!

4. Curious George Soundtrack, by Jack Johnson
Carter loves the Curious George movie, so we decided to buy the soundtrack for a car trip. I knew that Jack Johnson did some songs for it, but it turns out that the whole CD is his music. It's really fun music for kids and adults, especially if you like his style. I find myself listening to it even when Carter isn't in the car. I especially like the lullaby (track 10).


5. Massage Oil

This is a must have for getting a massage at home, and I'm in love with Black Current Vanilla from Bath and Body Works. Stuart has given me a few back massages with this stuff, and it makes my skin ultra soft.

6. Pointy Flats by MIA




Anyone who knows me, knows I love shoes and have a lot of them! I found these cute little flats while browsing around online. They come in black, red, and navy, and only $59 on sale right now!


7. Goody Curved Bobby Pins
My mom introduced me to these. Sorry the picture is so small, but it's the only one I could find! They are perfect if you're growing out bangs (like me) and want to pull them back without having the little bobby-pin antennas on top of your head. Does that happen to anyone else?! Anyway, they curve to fit your head and blend in nicely with your hair.


8. Sit N Stand Stroller by Baby Trends
I've been trying to find a solution to cart the kids around when I'm out by myself. I didn't really want a double stroller because they're so huge and usually hard to steer. But I saw someone with this stroller at the outlet mall, and thought, what a great solution! I quickly found it online and Stuart and I went out to get it. It's so great! Carter was not liking the stroller thing, but with this he can stand up or sit down, and get in/out by himself with ease. So he likes riding in his cool new stroller. And when Adelynn grows out of the car seat, it converts into a little seat in the front for kids that can sit up by themselves. We took it to the zoo last week...easy kid transportation!

9. Kone Hand-Vac by Dirt Devil

Apparently I love Target, because I found this there too! I just thought this little hand-vac was so cute, with multiple color options. I want the teal blue!

10. Hippest Kid website - http://www.hippestkid.com/ - just a website with lots of cute kid clothes, toys, etc. A little spendy, but fun to get ideas from!

11. My Publisher - http://www.mypublisher.com/ - I got this from a friend of a friend, Shonda Barlow. It's a website where you can download a free software program to make a book out of your digital photos. I don't really like to scrapbook, and though I've done it, it's so time consuming and I have other hobbies I'd rather spend my time on. So I'ved decided to make one of these books every year, filled with our family events. They have great layouts, pictures with or without text, hardbound with canvas or leather, and cover options too. Then you just send in the book you've designed, they print it out and send it to you! And not bad prices either, especially if you're only going to do it every so often. Although I haven't seen an actual book yet, I've heard good things about the print quality.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Yay! I'm so excited you're doing this. You always have the best finds and I don't always remember to ask you where you find all your cool things. Thanks for posting this and I'll be looking forward to more installments.

Jocelyn said...

I'm excited about this too! You have such good taste; I'm glad you're sharing it. I love Jack Johnson. What would it take to convince you to burn me a copy of that soundtrack? I downloaded the lullaby song and used it for Grant's Father's Day DVD. Such a good song!

Kristy said...

thanks for all the great finds!! we too, love the curious george soundtrack! & Target is the best!!!
Oh & mypublisher is wonderful! Their books are fabulous & print quality is good. I use it for my photography! =)

Kristy said...

oh & i have love the curved bobby pins! i practially wear them every day to keep my pesky bangs up! =)

Kristy said...

found a new fav CD to groove to...
dan zanes. we like, catch that train. go listen to him on his myspace!

kristy said...

I'm thinking about getting the sit n stand stoller. I have a huge double graco and it takes up our entire trunk space. I want something that we can travel with. Does it fold up pretty small?