
On Friday, Carter, Adelynn, and I headed up to IKEA to meet some of my high school friends, Kristy and Molly, and their boys! It was a lot of fun, and I had been wanting to go to IKEA since it opened in Portland just last week. I was a little worried about how I'd cart the kids around in that crazy store, and it worked out ok for most of the time until Addie got tired of the sling and wanted to nap. I think I had drilled into Carter so much that he wasn't allowed to get out of the stroller, that when I asked him to so Addie could lay down, he wouldn't get out. Molly was nice enough to let us use her stroller for awhile, but it wouldn't suffice so we left a little early. It was still fun though. I hadn't seen Molly's baby, Dylan, before and Kristy's Carter looked so much older than when I last saw him. Yes, we had Carter-squared! My Carter is almost 2 yrs older than Kristy's Carter, and they had some fun together. I did manage to get one picture of them, not a very good one, but they're playing peek-a-boo with each other while waiting for some lunch.
I ended up getting mostly stuff for the kids, some dishes and Carter's birthday present - a rug that has roads to drive all his cars on. Luckily he's still at the age where I can buy his presents with him right there and he won't remember a thing!
The story behind the title of this post: while we were in the elevator, it was completely silent except for this one guy. He's like "this store is really swedish, you know sweet-ish." I think he might have said it a couple more times too...what a dork!
Sunday, August 5, 2007
it's sweet-ish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Very cool present for Carter. He'll love it! And, what a dork...the Sweet-ish thing. Unbelievable. ;)
haha that guy was a dork! so "sweet-ish!" hahah! i love that pic of our carter's! sooo cute!
Wow! Small world. Who would have thought you would run into Duane in the Ikea elevator! I'll bet Carter was happy to see Grandpa.
Post a Comment