Wednesday, August 1, 2007

meet the bumbo

We went to the doctor on Monday for Adelynn's 4 month check-up, and it seems that her favortism of her left side is creating a little problem. The back side of her head is a little flat, only on that side. While the doctor said it's nothing to be worried about yet, she told us to try and keep her up during the day to help it round out again. So I headed over to Baby Depot and got the Bumbo chair. It's so great, and Adelynn seems to really like it. And it helps push her burps out too! She really likes sitting in it and watching Carter run around the room, and she'll sit in it for about 30 minutes at a time. The first time I took her out of it there was a puddle of drool under her legs too...yummy!
Addie checked out otherwise just great. She's weighing in at almost 15 pounds, and above the 50th percentile in all her measurements. She's a healthy girl! She had to get shots too, 2 of them in each leg. But she was a champ...by the time I picked her up and put her in the carseat, she was already done crying! Like I always say, she's my perfect little angel-baby.


4 comments:

Kristy said...

look at her sitting up! soooo cute!! i can't wait to see her on friday!!! & you too of course!! =)

Jocelyn said...

That is so cute. What a brilliant little contraption. Addie is getting more adorable every day!

kristy said...

what a fun solution. she looks so old sitting up!

john said...

Kat and I both have bumbo chairs (in that color too..better put our names on them for the reunion!) and we love them! They are great for everything. I set Scarlette in it on the table and feed her. Just got to be careful because as they get bigger they can get themselves out of it if they lean far enough.