Sunday, August 19, 2007

the zoo

We had another fun weekend! Stuart took some days off at the end of last week, and we went to the Oregon Zoo on Friday. Carter had never been to the zoo before, and we thought it would be a good time to go! It was perfect weather - cloudy most the time, but still warm. I took a lot of pictures of the back of Carter's head because he was so enthralled with the animals he wouldn't turn around to look at me - "who has time for pictures mom?" So the alligator one is the only with his face, and is blurry because he could only look for a milisecond! But we had a great time!

Look!

He would not leave this spot forever, and it was only the first stop! After a few exhibits Carter finally got the idea that there was more to see than what was right in front of him.

One of my favorite pictures, except for the random girl on the side

This monkey was sitting here staring directly at Carter for the longest time

Where Adelynn spent the day all cozy

Playtime!




Carter's favorites, plus the meerkats which I didn't get:



3 comments:

Kari said...

Ok Addie is just getting cuter and cuter by the minute. Glad you had fun!

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll bet you guys had perfect weather. Eleanor loved any sort of turtle she saw, too. I wish I could have heard Carter enjoying seeing all the animals; I'm sure he had some cute things to say. Addie is adorable, so content.

I'm still dismayed that the Portland zoo doesn't have a lion. What is a zoo without a lion?!

Kristy said...

looks like a blast! great pics too! i can't wait to take my carter to the zoo!!!

btw, the white shirt is from ann taylor! =)