Saturday, September 29, 2007

fun finds ~ september edition

Enjoy!!



1. Levi’s pencil skirt
I have been looking for the perfect jean skirt for awhile now, and finally found this one! I hardly ever shop at Sears, but I think they’re one of the last department stores to carry Levi’s, so I thought I’d go in to check out the skirts there, and came out with this one. As much as I love my Joe’s and True Religions, ya gotta love that Levi’s is still around.





2. Pottery Barn Recharge Station (enlarge the picture, and it's right in the middle)
This is the perfect solution for my house! We always have phone, camera, ipod, etc cords all over the place. I try to keep it organized by stuffing them all in a desk drawer that’s way too small, but this works so much better. It has a built-in plug with places for 6 different things, each with their own little resting place. Pottery Barn also sells a few other media options, some that hang and some that sit on a table. I love them all!


3. Giant Treble Clef
I need this hanging above my piano! There seems to be an abundance of oversized items to hang on your wall - like scissors or letters to name a few - I typically don't like them, but I'm drawn to this one. Also from Pottery Barn.








4. Balance Bike (aka Carter's Christmas present!)
My brother first told me about these bikes, he had seen our cousin’s son with one. So it’s a bike without pedals that supposed to help kids learn the balance part of riding a bike without having to worry about the pedaling. I like the look of wooden toys, mostly because it reminds of antique toys I guess, so I like this particular brand of the balance bike, but there are lots more out there. Check out their website to see a video of a little kid riding it.









5. Starry Eyed Flats from Anthropologie
So of course I have to have a pair of shoes on here! I love Anthropologie and wish I could afford to shop there more often. But these flats are actually reasonably priced at under $70. I love the combo of the purple tweed and shiny navy.

6. New Crocs!
Yes, yes, another pair of shoes. I had to put this on because Crocs just came out with this new style and I love them! Their color combos are really cute.





7. Twistables
All of you parents out there with little kids are probably thinking, Hello – why don’t you already know about these? But Carter has just started to really get into coloring and I’m so tired of him breaking crayons every minute. I saw a little girl using these, and thought they were a genius invention for little hands!



8. Land of Nod












How much do I love Crate & Barrel, and how much do I love that they now have cute things for kids and babies?! They call their kid section Land of Nod, it’s a separate website that you can get to through C&B, and it has the cutest things! Being Crate & Barrel, they’re a little pricey. This is another store that I wish I could shop at more often. But once again, you can always get great ideas to copy from the pictures of the rooms they put together.


9. Perpetual Kid
This website has some of the funniest and weirdest things: toys, kitchen gadgets, decorating, something for everyone. If you just browse any category, you’re bound to find a gag gift for someone you know, or for yourself! Some things I think are cool and/or funny:



2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for another great "fun finds," Carolyn. You come across the neatest stuff. Do you own any of the things you mentioned, or are they just things you would like to have? That charging station is a really good idea!

Carolyn said...

I only have the skirt, but some of the others are on my Christmas list, so I'm crossing my fingers! :) Yeah, isn't that charging station brilliant?! It would help keep me organized!