I was in the baking mood this morning, and decided to try this Layered Pumpkin Loaf I've been eyeing. I was going to give it to some of the ladies who helped me out with babysitting this week. But as you can see, it didn't turn out exactly as planned, and I had to document my failures along with the successes.
For one, my timer stopped after 10 min. and I didn't notice until who knows how long! The timer situation is kind of a joke around here, I have the worst luck. They always break down on me, whether it be the digital or the traditional type. I think this is my 5th timer, and it looks like it's on its way out as well! So that was problem number one, and I wasn't sure how long the bread had been in there. I stuck in the toothpick as directed and it came out clean, so out came the bread. Then I turned it out of the pan, and a bunch of dough oozed out from the middle! So there's a pumpkin pool and sunken bread on my counter. Oh well, at least I have my cookies to fall back on!
The carnage:
And what it's supposed to look like! Mmmmm:
Friday, October 12, 2007
not quite susie-homemaker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I've been wanting to make that one, too. It looks so yummy! I guess I'll have to watch my timer if I do!
You are too funny... lol
I made whole wheat bread the other day for a lady who just had a baby. It looked great before I put it in the oven. It was like something you would see in the magazine. Then I put it into the oven and when I timer went off I opened the oven and my bread looked like a heart. The middle dropped in he center about 3 inches. It tasted good, but looked bad. I bet yours still tasted good. :)
Post a Comment