Friday, October 12, 2007

gingerbread cookie recipe

Ok, a few people have asked for the cookie recipe. This is my mother-in-law's recipe, and it makes the best gingerbread cookies I have tasted!

1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup dark molasses
1 egg yolk
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp black pepper
3 cups flour

~ Cream all ingredients together except flour.
~ Stir in flour slowly. Form into ball, cover well and refigerate at least 1 hr.
~ Roll to 1/4", cut; bake cookies at 350 degrees for approx. 10 minutes.
(I've found that I like to take them out after about 5-6 minutes - but my oven does run a little hot)
~ Makes 3 dozen.

I usually just make the basic powdered sugar icing to drizzle over. Ok, I'm done posting about food now!

0 comments: