It's been busy around here this past week! It started on Monday with Stuart's birthday/St. Patrick's Day.
After making my scrumptious stack of green pancakes for breakfast (they tasted much better than my unflattering picture of them!), Stu got to work on the kitchen remodel. Yep, until Saturday I was without power in the kitchen, doing dishes and toasting bread in the bathroom, and constantly keeping Addie out of the dust. Then I had a week of finals, which didn't turn out too bad. This year, Addie's birthday was on Easter, so we had her party on the Saturday. We had the whole fam over to celebrate, then all the kids had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard.
I LOVE planning parties, and this one was especially fun. Like my friend Alicia, who puts together fabulous shin-digs, I think I have more fun with it than the kids, but they'll appreciate it when they're older I guess! I planned Addie's whole party around these 2 hot pink hippos from Ikea.

So that started the decor, then I added pink everywhere I could. I didn't do a lot for food since it was right after lunchtime, just kid-friendly crackers/cheese, and fruit cups, with pink juice of course! I made some chocolate-pudding-filled cupcakes, which turned out yummy. Here's the funny thing with these. I had ordered a dozen hippos from a cake lady to top some of the cupcakes. Well, they turned out horrible! They looked like pigs instead of hippos, and looked like something a little kid would make. So I quickly improvised, and made a little hippo head out of a pink Starburst just for Addie's cupcake. Here's the comparison of the 2, mine's on the left:
What d'ya think?
We sang and opened presents and had a grand time! I just have so much fun with this little girl! Not that I didn't with Carter at this age, but it's fun to do all the girly things too! Here's one of my favorite pictures from her birthday. This is her favorite way to sit lately.
And some more if you care to look!



She was a little dainty at first...
...then got into the whole mess!
Me and my baby girl


8 comments:
I can't believe she is already 1! That is crazy! What a cutie! I wish I was good at planning parties. I will have to hire you for Ashley's bday party!:)
Yours was WAY cooler! I can't believe the person who made those actually charged you when yours (I know, you made them post buying) were SO much better. Oh well.
I love the pink hippo theme. I'll have to think of something cute like that for Audrey's 2nd. Any ideas?
You two look alike in that last picture for sure! Look at your smiles! Miss ya
She is so stinkin' cute. Naomi has the same cute top too! She will be diving into a cupcake soon as well!
yeah, happy birthday addie!! you're so creative. i love the hippo theme.
Carolyn- Hey this Ashley (meigs)I can't even believe how long it has been since I have seen you or any of your family. I saw your name of Renee's blog. Your kids are darling. Funny both of our husbands have there birthdays on St. Patricks day. Well fun to see your family hope all is going well. AShley
i love pink & orange!!!!! super cute hippos!
she's already one?!?! i can't believe it! your hippo theme is so cute!! i like your cupcake topper much better!!! :) well HAPPY BRITHDAY addie!
Post a Comment