Sunday, March 30, 2008

spring break 2008 recap

Nope, you won't see any pictures of white sand or a gorgeous blue ocean here. No tropical pictures, shiny tans, sunglasses, or even sun for that matter! We're still sitting under the looming gray clouds with our beautiful shades of pasty white skin. Our Spring Break was pretty low key, which is fine with me actually. We started it out with Addie's birthday bash. Then came her actual birthday/Easter. I got the kids somewhat matching outfits (notice that I didn't say MAKE the kids' outfits, one of my new year's goals that went by the wayside). We got a few "ooohs" and "aaahhs" over Addie's little twirl skirt and Carter's big boy tie, while Stu and I "oooh'd" and "aaahh'd" over Addie's it's-my-birthday-and-I'll-scream-if-I-want-to behavior that forced me to leave church early! Actually, let's be real...how many of you secretly pinch your kids just enough to make them cry, then give the "oh, guess I have to go because of the kid" look as you joyfully walk down the aisle? Yes, I'm admitting that sometimes I'm happy to take the kids out!
Anyway, here are the outfits - Addie did have tights/shoes on earlier


Then Carter went to a friend's birthday party at a bowling alley. He was SO excited the whole time, and a crack-up to watch when he's watching the ball inch its' way down the lane.



Then we trekked up to my parent's house, where my grandparents met us. Here's the latest 4 generation picture, girls only.


Ads played a little piano


Carter spent a little time outside in the hail. It has hailed a lot this week, and everytime it starts Carters immediately asks to go outside and play. So we get all the gear on and head outside for awhile, where he mostly just stands there letting it fall on him. Funny little boy.



I also had a fun girls night at Kari's. We forgot to take pictures, but it was just movies, snacks, and girl-talk. You need one of those every once in awhile, at least I do!

And this is what it looks like at our house right now, the last day before I go back to school for my last term! YAY! Take a look again, that's hail, not snow!

0 comments: