Tuesday, April 1, 2008

yes it's true

For those of you who haven't heard...we're moving! We put in an offer on a new house up in Hillsboro a few weeks ago, and it was accepted, contingent on our house selling here in Salem. The new house hasn't been built yet, but we have a design appointment with the builder next week to pick out all of our options! I am so excited!! I get to start all over with a nice, new, clean house. I already have all these organizing ideas in mind and can't wait to get started. The house is a little bigger than the one we're in, and the addition Stuart and I are most excited about is the playroom! No more living room/playroom and constantly tripping over toys!

We'll most likely be moving early summer, but I'm going to miss this house a lot. It's the house...
where Stuart and I first met
where we started out our lives as a married couple
we brought home both of our babies to
that I first got to decorate by myself
that we've done a TON of work to, especially outside
Carter will always remember as his first house (he tells us all the time that he likes this house and doesn't want to move!)

I'm already missing all the friends we've made down here, and that we won't be as close to all of the kids' cousins. But we'll be right in between both of our families, and closer to some others that we haven't seen as often. Plus, we're not really that far from all you guys in Salem, you'll come up and visit right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait until we can move to a nicer/bigger house! And oh to have a playroom that wasn't the living room!
And we will totally come up and see you! I can't wait to see your new house and all of the ways you will decorate it!

Kari said...

You bet we'll come visit! We'll miss you too! Hopefully we'll manage to see each other enough, or have enough girls nights to make up for the distance.

kristy said...

That is SO exciting!! It will be so fun to be in a brand new house and start fresh with decorating. And maybe we'll get to see you more!

Brown Family said...

You will be missed, that is for sure....but we are totally excited for your new adventure. I will have to come up and see you and of course get new decorating ideas....you always seem to have something creative up your sleve. Congrats!!

Friesslings said...

Hey Care!
Congrats on your move, totally sounds exciting. We are moving up to Vancouver within the next month or so. We would love to see you guys and get together sometime. It has been a while, your kids are so darn cute. Adi is adorable.

Danielle-

Molly said...

Hey!

Congrats on the new house! I'm excited for you guys. I feel the same with when we sell our house... you get a little attached! HAHHAA! Anyways, that will be fun starting fresh too!