Wednesday, July 9, 2008

hard work pays off

Because we knew we'd be moving, we made a small little container garden consisting of 4 plants, instead of a full garden this year. It's actually Carter's garden, and he's very good about watering it and taking care of everything. He picked out the veggies at the store and helped me plant them. Now it looks as though they will outgrow the container, everything is so huge! There's cherry tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, chives, and parsley. Awhile ago we snipped off some chives to eat, and put some parsley in a salad, but Carter wasn't too thrilled about those 2. But the other day we noticed that one of the lemon cucumbers was ready for picking, and boy, was he excited! We ran right up to the kitchen to peel and eat it.



So proud of his first big harvest!

Can I eat one now?


Nice crunchin' buddy! :)

4 comments:

Kari said...

That last picture is hilarious! How fun that your garden is producing.

Molly said...

How fun! I can't wait to do that kind of stuff with Dylan!

Nate Judd said...

Your kids are so cute, I love Addie's baby mullet

Jess said...

What fun! I cannot believe how much Carter looks like Clayton to me. Very Cute!