So I've decided to start doing some reading. I'm really not a reader, basically just what I've had to read for classes and such. But now that I have some more time on my hands, and I don't want to waste it in front of the tv, books will be my new go-to. I don't really know why I haven't been into reading previously; a lot of my friends read constantly and are always talking about books, I'm a pretty fast reader and get wrapped up in a book easily, one of those that can't put it down until it's done. But now's the time I guess! I decided to start with books that have been made into movies. I might stray from this category a little, going back to some classics that I never got around to, but I'm beginning with my favorite movie The Count of Monte Cristo. I know, a big one to tackle first, but I just love that movie and know that the book will be good too, probably better in fact! So if any of you have suggestions about some good books made into movies, I'd love to hear from you!
Monday, July 28, 2008
literature 101
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Care you should definitely read Memoirs of a Geisha...so good! I have a copy so when you finally get your butt down to California you can borrow it!
Well, for lighter and exciting fare- try Bourne Identity
I like fantasy and so I recommend Willow for a quick easy read and the Harry Potter books for a more lengthy time commitment.
Jane Eyre, cause I LOVE it. Also, the Twilight Series for some good ol' bubblegum for the eyes.
I can help with classic literature. To Kill a Mockingbird, East of Eden, The Jungle and Wuthering Heights are all good books, fairly easy reads.
Good luck with the Count, it's really detailed!
Post a Comment