Wednesday, October 15, 2008

all about adelynn



I was loving Adelynn's cute little boot-cut jeans and belted cardigan, so I had to take a few pictures. {side note: I have a problem with kids sweaters, and not just any one brand, we're talking all sweaters - the arms are always WAY too long! When everything else fits, the length, width, shoulders, neck...the arms don't. Anyone else have this problem, or are my kids just short-armed mutants?}


Adelynn's 18 month appt. was last week. Here's her stats:
Weight - 22 lbs 12 oz - 25%
Height - 31 1/4 inches - 25%
So I guess she's a little small, not that I really worry about the percentiles, but I was thinking she might be a little tall for her age. She seems to have been growing like a weed the last couple months! I swear she's gained a few inches on Carter.
And here are the things she can do!
Shows us where most of her body parts are
Knows the sounds of dog, cat, bird, cow, elephant, bear, lion
Reading books by herself
Learning how to feed herself - although they might not make it to her mouth, she's good at poking food with a fork and scooping with a spoon.
Words she uses on a regular basis - mama, dada, baby, dee (drink), baba (bottle), nigh nigh, bye bye, HI! (to anyone and everyone), up, peeee (please), uh-oh, day-do (thank you), ah dah (all done), and han (hand) when she wants you to hold her hand
She has mastered telling us NO, usually by violently shaking her head back and forth :)
Learning how to put her shoes on
Telling us when she's making her diaper dirty (I'm hoping this means she'll be potty-trained a little earlier than Carter was)

She loves making everyone laugh, climbing up on top of the table, running around with Carter, picking her nose, putting "pretties" on with mommy, getting her nighttime bottle, dancing, sleeping with baby Penny, reading, sharing food with mommy and daddy, showing us where her "ouchies" are, and doing anything that Carter does!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is SOOO cute! I bet she will be potty trained earlier, I have only done 1 girl, but she was so easy! She was pretty much done in 2 weeks. We started when she was 2 1/2, but probably could have done it a little earlier.

Kristy said...

what a cutie! i love that last pic of her!

Loughmiller's said...

She is adorable. She is getting more hair. I can't wait until Nattie gets more. I just love this age.

Chrissy said...

Naomi had almost the exact stats as Adelynn, so they are cute little things! Crazy how fast they grow huh? Time flies!