Some recents of Addie
{could she be any cuter in these next two!?!}


Mommy or Daddy? This is a daily question in our house. When Addie wakes up in the morning, we never know if she's going to be a mommy's girl or a daddy's girl that day. The other night Stuart got up with her, which is usually not the case. We've always kind of had an unspoken deal that Stuart gets up when Carter does, and I do when Addie does. That night I wasn't feeling well, so when daddy went in her room to calm her down, all I heard was "mommy, mommy, mommy!", and no calming down of course. But then she wakes up that next morning and is saying "daddy, daddy, daddy!" and not calming down. So who knows!? Just when I think I've got this girl figured out, she does something new. Lucky for her she's cute huh?
This getting up at night thing got me thinking though. What do you do at your house with kids waking up at night? When we only had Carter, I got up with him during the week because Stuart was the one working, and he had weekends. I figure he's the one working all day for our family, so I don't mind one bit getting up and letting him get his rest. By the time we had Addie, Carter was only waking up about once a week, so he got Carter and weekends, and I had Addie during the week. Of course there's some wiggle room, but it's still pretty much that way. So how 'bout you?! I want to know how other people do it.


5 comments:
I get up in the nighttimes, and Wesley lets me sleep in when possible.
Almost always I get up. Every once in a while my hubby will get up with her. I don't think that will change much with the next, but it has gotten better over time. He used to not get up with her AT ALL. Count your blessings!
Lately Ben has been the one getting up with the kids (mostly because I'm so exhausted with this pregnancy). But even then one kid or the other seems to always end up in our bed. I just put the nix on that this-morning. No more kids in our bed. So that probably means I'll be getting up a few nights in a row to put kids back in their own beds. But it will be worth it (I'll probably have 1 week of good sleep before this baby is born, and then it will be back to routine waking during the night. sigh.)
It's pretty much always me getting up with Scarlette during the night. John could sleep through a hurricane and not know it. He doesn't wake up at all. When Scarlette was a baby he never woke up when she would cry in the bassinet right next to the bed. On weekends he will go get her when she wakes up and bring her into our bed, but she sleeps till 8:30/9 anyway so we all get a chance to sleep in.
and Addie looks adorable in those pics!! :)
She is SO adorable!
If it is before we go to bed, Aron deals with Sam and I deal with Ashley. Once we are in bed, I deal with both of them regardless of the night. Samantha doesn't really get up anymore, but Ashley still wakes up at least to eat everynight. Saturday morning I get up with the girls,and Sunday morning Aron gets up with them.
Once the baby is born, I will try and get both weekend days to sleep as much as possible, but who knows...
Post a Comment