
I've made up something new for the kids (mostly Carter) to do when they say they're bored, or can't seem to do their chores...sorting my buttons into color groups. It's only happened once so far, and Adelynn mostly just played with them, but Carter wasn't too happy about this new chore. So hopefully I'll be able to use it as a threat to curb some whining! {insert evil mom laugh here}
Monday, March 16, 2009
new punishment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That's a good one! I have been thinking it is time to have Sam start doing some chores around the house, but I don't really know how to go about it - what do you do with Carter?
love the evil laugh.... I can hear it now...
Great idea... I think my little guy would love this chore however :)
Jess - here's Carter's chore list:
-unload the plastic dishes from dishwasher, and stack them on the counter, for me to put in cupboard
-make his bed
-put away his laundry
-clean up the playroom
I've been doing a lot of reading about chore ideas, and everything I've read says to give them specific things. Not just "clean up the playroom," but "put away the books in the playroom." I'm usually with him the entire time until he finishes about 3-4 tasks. Put away the books, pick up all the cars, throw all the balls into the bin...etc. So really, they're assisted chores, and it takes more time. But having them learn early helps!
Yeah, that was a really long explanation!!
Love this! When we were kids my mom sewed a ton and she had two huge jars of buttons. We used to play with those all the time! We would sort them by size and color. Oh man, I spent many hours playing with those buttons. I would have loved this punishment.
Post a Comment