Sunday, May 10, 2009

feeling sick

The day after my last post the hard drive on our computer died. D.i.e.d. died! I've been sick to my stomach because we lost quite a few things. Luckily we have pictures backed up, but only through 2008. So the last 5 months are gone. And the thing I'm most sick about is all the short little home videos we took. We never backed them up, and now they're gone! Everything since Carter was a baby. Our new computer automatically backs things up on a regular basis, but I'm still going to do it every month on our separate hard drive. Double safe.

Carter is sick today - has been for a few days. But he still pulled out a great performance for family pictures yesterday, and managed a "Happy Mother's Day" this morning. I woke up to breakfast in bed, and this cute card:

It read,
Happy Mother's Day!
From your silly family
We love you so much!!



p.s. I'm loving the new computer - a mac mini. Thanks Mom and Dad a TON for keeping us connected to the world! {I have the best and most generous parents in the world}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to us - we lost a lot of pictures from 2007 and 2008. I know exactly how you feel. I bought a program for like 80 bucks that got back a decent amount of the pictures, but the hard drive has to work enough to turn on, so if it is totally dead it wouldn't work. And you had to be able to run it on a seperate computer and hook the hard drive up to it as a drive - so it was a pain - but worth it!
Happy Mother's Day!

5Youngers said...

That sucks so bad... so sorry....but now I know to back mine up more often. Thanks for the lesson. Happy Mother's Day! We have a Mac and I LOVE IT!