This year, Stuart made something big for Addie, and I made something for Carter. The first: Addie's kitchen. We have been looking for a kitchen for months now! I didn't want a cheesy plastic one, which are at a reasonable price, but didn't want to pay through the nose for all the beautiful wooden ones I came across. We found a great solution, the idea came from here. We actually had a lot of the components already, so Stuart went to work on designing the rest. He followed a few of the given directions, then added a lot of other details that really made it great. I think it turned out perfect, and Adelynn loves it!
This quilt for Carter was meant for his birthday, but I never finished it in time. In fact, I barely finished it in time for Christmas! It's my first quilt, and I love how it looks. There are plenty of mistakes, but I kinda like those. You can't really tell from the pictures, but the thread colors I used are reds and blues, because those are Carter's favorites. This really is a simple quilt for beginners because you don't have to piece anything together; I found the directions here.
Monday, December 28, 2009
handmade gifts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Those are amazing home made gifts! That quilt looks almost easy enough for me to try to make it . . . someday.
love, love, LOVE that kitchen!
i want a wooden kitchen for my kids too but don't want to pay the price! what a great DIY project! {that's now on my hubby's to-do list! heehee}
i also made an apron out of that same material! it was begging to be made in to one! :)
Oh my wow! That kitchen is AMAZING! I gave up on my first quilt long ago. Good for you.
Such nice keepsakes for both of your little ones. :)
maggie got a wooden kitchen for Christmas, too. But hers is not handmade by her daddy. That is so awesome! Santa found ours at a flea market and he was going to paint it and spruce it up but then got lazy and just gave it "as is". But looking at yours, I definitely think we will be sprucing it up come Spring. And I love the quilt. I've been meaning to try my hand at one for years. good job!
Post a Comment