At our house, the kids have bins for socks/undies. To have them help with their own laundry, we made a game out of shooting those things into the bins. They love it. It always turns into a wild shooting match with plenty of running and screaming. And sometimes tears. If you're imagining some serene family setting, me folding laundry and gently handing it to the kids as they throw it into their respective bins with fits of giggling and smiles all around....let me clear up the picture for you. It may have gone somewhat like that the first few times we did this, that is until Carter discovered that throwing socks off the balcony can happen pretty easily. And putting underwear on your head is the most hilarious thing on earth. So here's how it really goes: I fold a few things and the kids throw them in. Carter "whispers" to Addie to throw harder so they fall downstairs. Reprimand. "What, I didn't do it, just Addie!" Underwear goes on the head, running ensues, accompanied by a crash, and the tears start flowing. Continued running and dumping out of bins. Yelling from mom to put everything back. Picking up doesn't happen. Whining, and time-outs on the floor as I pick everything up and put the bins away. Just what you were picturing huh? :)
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
how do you fold laundry?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Your serene setting description sounds like a made-for-primary type church video. We all know how realistic and likely those are ;-)
this makes me laugh, you have such an adorable family!
Ha ha! Yeah, the girls love to steal Grant's socks every time I set them out to try to match them. The first time we did it, it was your serene picture of a game of stealing and being chased with plenty of laughter and squeals. Now that it has become a habit, our reality is very similar to your reality.
Laundry is a challenge.
They are so cute. I love Addies little outfit. I hate laundry... good way to keep it fun minus all the whining :-)
ugh. i hate folding laundry and that scenario is exactly why...
sounds familiar...except mine just decides that putting all the clothes on while I fold is a blast...I fold...she unfolds. It is a great process...really.
Post a Comment