Monday, April 9, 2012

addie update

And now Miss Adelynn

This girl loves to draw, color, and write. I've come into the dining room on several occasions to find her practicing letters in her workbork, all on her own. She is so ready for kindergarten! And lately, she's also been drawing pictures of our family and her friends. I love her little people.


She turned 5 in March. Even though she acts like she's 15, I still can't believe she's already 5. We had a small birthday party with friends one morning, with a polka dot theme. Here they are decorating cupcakes.

Addie is definitely a girly-girl. Although she doesn't always like getting her hair done, she always loves the result. And it's been all about hair lately, from a recent haircut, to a valentine's day hairstyle, to her first hot rollers.

We get in a lot of mommy-daughter time too, which I am going to miss when she's at school next year. Of course there's always the matching outfits, and just time spent hanging out and doing silly stuff.

Adelynn - I love your missing tooth, your sassy little attitude, your ever-constant tang mustache, the way you light up when it's time to paint nails, when you model in the mirror and tell yourself you're gorgeous, your daily thoughtful little cards to everyone, your teeny bum in your skinny jeans, and that you tell me I'm the best mom for you. Love you, Mom

2 comments:

PDXTingeys said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how big she is getting. We miss you guys so much!

Holbrook's said...

What a doll!