Kari, Alicia, and I threw another Favorite Things party this year. It turned out great, with 18 girls there! We had a full table, great conversations, lots of food, and fabulous presents to exchange! Here's a few pictures from the event.
We made these paper boxes and then strung them along Kari's fence for a little decor.
The finished table. We really wanted to have a big table with place settings for each girl, and it was a lot of fun putting it together and figuring out the seating arrangements!
The centerpieces
Everyone had a name-card like this at her seat
All the food - we had way too much! Fruit skewers with cream cheese dip, lemon chicken, dipped oreos, pancetta & mushroom quiche, lemon rosemary bread, pita bread with sauce, lime pie, and couscous salad in cucumber cups. Plus Izze juice to drink!
All 18 of us! It was so fun having this many girls there, but we thought this was definitely our limit, especially because we wouldn't want the table to be any longer. The theme was lemon-lime and almost everyone dressed in yellow or green...makes for a cute picture!
The 3 hostesses!
p.s. - I should have explained what the party is all about. Everyone brings a gift full of some of her favorite things, and then all the gifts are randomly distributed so no one knows what they'll get! We also have the gift-giver explain why everything is included, so you get to know everyone a little bit more!


6 comments:
How fun! I love the center pieces....just fabulous!
I didn't get a picture of the presents table. Did you? Ugh! I like how some of yours turned out. I think I like your hostesses picture better too. Maybe we'll swap pictures?
That looked like fun, what a great idea. If I had a backyard and friends, I would probably give it a try!
that looks like soooo much fun! You girls are on the verge of turning into Martha Stewart! I love the idea!
I want you to know that I was wearing a green shirt when I got up that morning but after a few spit ups, I had to change. I really wasn't trying to be a party pooper!!!
Thanks for such a fun party...it was great as always. Sure miss seeing you around. Let us know if and when you come to Salem so we could get together for a little shin dig or something.
Shauna
What a cute idea!
Post a Comment